This is an easy and very healthy taco salad recipe. Taking the cheese and dressing off are the trick here.
- 1 lb. ground beef;
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped;
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, diced;
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced;
- 1 bell pepper, chopped; (an orange or yellow pepper adds more color to the dish)
- 1 cucumber, chopped;
- 4 tbsp. store bought taco seasoning
- Cooking fat
- Store bought salsa (no sugar added)
- Over a medium-high heat, heat up cooking fat and toss in the ground beef. Cook until well done (about ten minutes). While the beef is cooking, break it apart with a wooden spoon.
- When the beef is almost done, add the taco seasoning and mix well, making sure all the meat is covered. You can also add a little bit of water if it looks dry. Let the meat cool down until it’s at room temperature.
- In a big salad bowl, combine the bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and beef. Top with salsa. Gently mix everything and serve.