This is a very simple yet strangely warm and delicious beef and veggie soup recipe.
- 2 lbs of beef stew meat
- 2 cups of carrots, chopped
- 1 can of peas
- 1 5oz can of tomato paste
- 4 cups of veggie stock
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 box of mung bean pasta or other healthy pasts (bleached white pasta is not ok, unless it’s 2 am post bars and your having a bowl of ramen)
- salt and pepper
- In a dutch oven or large soup pot saute onion and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Increase heat to medium add stew meat and sear all sides
- Stir in veggie stock, tomato paste and carrots and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer (low-ish) and let cook for 2 hours. If you have a dutch oven you can put it in the oven on 250 for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours add the mung bean pasta and bring back to a boil for 6 minutes
- Add peas & salt and pepper to taste