This is simple and very healthy version of a classic southern meal. Don’t get crazy and make it un healthy by adding excess fats like butter or bacon.
- 1 lb of Chicken Breast
- 1 Bottle of BBQ sauce
- Some BBQ seasoning
- 1 bunch of collar greens
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder & hot sauce
- Place chicken in crockpot with a 1/4 water
- Pour 1/2 bottle of sauce over
- Heat on low for 4 hours
Collard Greens Recipe
- Wash your greens and chop them up
- In a large soup place all the greens with 2 cups of water
- Dump in 2 TBSP of salt, 1TSP of garlic powder and hot sauce based on your desired level of spiciness
- Place pot over burner set to high and bring to a boil
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for an hour.
Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel the potatoes
- Cut it into cubes
- Toss in 1 TBSP of cooking fat
- Dust with BBQ seasoning and place on a roasting pan
- Cook for 25-30 minutes at 350. Every oven is different so make sure the potatoes are tender before calling them done!